AiR - Svanekegaarden
Venue: Svanekegaarden, Skippergade 6, 3740 Svaneke
Date: 1. sep. - 15.oct. 2014
Application: Deadline 1. May 2014
Two residencies available
Svanekegaardens ceramic workshop
This ceramics workshop is situated in idyllic surroundings in a refurbished 18th-century merchant’s house near Svaneke Harbor.
The workshop facility comprises a large, bright, rustically furnished room, laid out as two fine workshop spaces for making studio ceramics.
Self-contained apartments, a lovely large garden and a generous exhibition space with changing exhibitions are also associated with the ceramics workshop.
- Cerama (120 l) electric kiln. Maximum temp. 1300°C.
- Baltic Therm (500 l), electric kiln. Maximum temp. 1280°C.
- Gas kiln (600 l) Maximum temp. 1300°C.
- Electric wheel and kick wheel
- Spray booth
- Plenty of worktable and storage space available.
- The facilities are designed for professional ceramists who work independently.
- The workshops are open 24 hours a day.
- Ceramists must bring their own materials and hand tools other than basics provided by the residency.
- Basic electricity and gas for firing the kilns will be provided by the residency, additional cost is to be charged on the basis of a meter reading.
- The workshop may be used at any time of the day or night.
- No workshop assistant is associated with the workshop, but a technical contact can be referred to.
- The workshop’s technical equipment is covered by the general insurance terms and conditions, but this does not cover materials brought in by the artist, or the works of art made by the artist.
Residents will be offered accommodation in shared apartments in conjunction with the workshops at Svanekegaarden. Laundry facilities are available.
As a user of the workshop and accommodation facilities, the artist is responsible for keeping these clean and in good condition and for cleaning them on departure.