AiR -Bright Park
Venue: Bright Park, Gl. Rønnevej 17A, 3730 Nexø
Date: 1. sep. - 15. oct. 2014
Application: Deadline 1. May 2014
Two residencies available
Bright Park Ceramic workshop
The ceramics workshop is set up in a large, bright factory hall in a former furniture factory in Nexø. The workshop is well equipped and comprises a total of four workshop spaces for the production of ceramics.
Bright Park has an accommodation area with rooms that share a kitchen and lounge.
- 2 Scandia kilns, 50 liters electric top kilns. Max temp. 1300°C.
- 1 Scandia kiln, 300 liters electric kiln. Max temp. 1300°C.
- 1 Scandia kiln, 1500 liters, two-phase electric chamber kiln. Max temp. 1300°C.
- 1 pug mill.
- 2 Spray booths
- 4 Electric wheels
- Sheet roller
- Clay tubs
- Sand blaster
- Well-appointed plaster room with plaster wheel, casting equipment, etc.
- The facilities are designed for professional ceramic artists who work independently.
- The workshops are open 24 hours a day, all year round.
- The artists in residence must bring their own materials, which could potentially be jointly purchased with other artists in residence.
- Basic electricity and gas for firing the kilns will be provided by the residency, additional cost is to be charged on the basis of a meter reading.
- No workshop assistant is connected with the workshop, but a technical contact can be referred to.
- The workshop’s equipment is covered by the general insurance terms and conditions, but this does not cover broken drill bits or ruined grinding discs for which the artist is personally liable. The insurance does not cover materials brought in to the workshop or the artist’s own works of art.
Residents will be offered a private room in the accommodation area in conjunction with the workshops at Bright Park. The accommodation area shares a kitchen and lounge, and is also used as a hostel during summer season.
As a user of the workshop and accommodation, the artist is responsible for keeping the premises clean and in good condition and for cleaning them on departure.