Free entrance - at the day of the opening
10 local ceramisists and the permanent collection
Hjorth's Factory was founded in 1859 as L. Hjorth terracotta factory.
The first studio was in Østergade Lauritz Hjorth's parents' house. The first manufactured products were water coolers, flowerpots and match holders. The factory came off to a successfull start and already in 1862 the factory moved to Krystalgade where it is today. In the new premisses only Hjorths only produced decorative objects such as vases, figurines, etc. Most other factories / workshops in the town of Rønne mainly produced ceramics for use in the kitchen.
Hjorths Museum for ceramics, now has a large collection of historic ceramics made on Bornholm, which in this current exhibition will be put into play in collaboration with 10 current Bornholm ceramic artists.